- the fragrance of images
March - May 2018
- the need for the infinite. Monochromes in colección olorVISUAL
January - May 2018
- electric and Distant. colección olorVISUAL Contemporary Photography
May - July 2017
- smell of Málaga. Olfactory Perceptions of the colección olorVISUAL
October 2016 - January 2017
- reproductibilitat 2.2. colección olorVISUAL
October 2016 - January 2017
September - October 2016
- Smell Of Alella Vines
January - April 2016
- the Art of Collecting: Ernesto Ventós. colección olorVISUAL
July - September 2015
- SINESTESIA. colección olorVISUAL
Septembrer - December 2014
- smell of Cerdanyola. Olfactory Perceptions of the colección olorVISUAL
July - October 2014
- what is the smell of an exhibition? A selection of works the olorVISUAL collection
- olfactory mini-screening. Chocolate Birds
June - October 2013
- smell of Cadaqués. Olfactory perceptions of the olorVISUAL collection
- mini-screening olfativo
May - September 2011
- Smell colour. Chemistry, art and education
- screening olfactory
- olorVISUAL en Microwave
April - May 2011
- essential art.
February - April 2009
January - February 2006
June - September 2005
November - December 2004
March - May 2004
June - July 2003
December 2001 - February 2002
- ikus usaina6
February - April 1999
October - November 1998
October 1996 - January 1997
For the great adventure of life, we human being have been endowed with five senses: sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. Through them we retain, recognize and comprehend the world around us: seeing, hearing, touching, tasting…
But really the world has to be smelled!
Life smells: people, animals, plants, food and even stones all smell; our birth has a smell and so too does death when it comes.
We have pleasant or unpleasant perceptions, causing pleasure or revulsion, according to the smell we distinguish. This smell is associated with an image that is stored in our memory, which appears in our consciousness when an olfactory stimulus recovers some past recollection.
In this way, aromas have the ability to link the present with the past, through the surprising emergence of a memory, transporting us to that lived moment.
This is why the sense of smell affects us so profoundly, even without our realizing it, and touches the very depths of our being. Smell is the magical sense par excellence.
Art — like the functioning of the sense of smell — uses a coded language that isolates us from our consciousness, effectively enhancing the harmony of the senses and situating us in a space/time other than our present one.
We are going to live this little experience by way of a series of videos, which by means of images, sounds, the texts that accompany each one and the aroma or fragrance they suggest to the collector, will lead us to experience — if we wish — something we may perhaps have forgotten … Who knows where they will take us!